Saturday, January 3, 2009

JWE and Sadie


Dad used to tell me stories of his pony Sadie. On our "Dad
Tours" to NE Ohio, he pointed out the spring by the road and the place he used to secure her after boarding the school bus.

Dad used to ride Sadie to the school bus stop.










Recently, Dad's sister, RuthAnn told me they had ponies who were retired from the mines. Dad never mentioned that but looking at Sadie's build it makes sense. Her neck and chest are thick and muscular. RuthAnn's favorite was "Jack" I think. Somewhere, there is a snap of Dad and RuthAnn together on a pony.






Same pony, younger boy.















Same pony. JWE as infant.
Whooaa there pony! Or should I say giddyup big guy!


I always wanted a horse or pony. Now I'm in my 50's and I'm finally taking the opportunity to take riding lessons. I run into so many people who tell me they grew up around horses and just got to hang out with them. They don't think about it and can't quite relate to this city girl.

I love the snaps of Dad with his pony.

1 comment:

rednk-n-eurp said...

I've never seen these pictures before though I've heard of the horse. Seems like a great tempered horse.