Sunday, July 22, 2007

Buddy Holly brother


As John mentioned, Brother Dave had to get glasses when he was in sixth grade. His grades were falling and they found out he couldn't make out the blackboard. Dad and Dave came home with his new glasses. Dave walked in the front door and I howled with laughter. I got yelled at of course and the joke was on me because the next year I got glasses too. Anyway, Dave wore plain black frames year after year, prescription after prescription, until he met Jane. Here are just a couple of snaps but the black frames were an era.

2 comments:

Beth & Jim's Kid #7 said...

For a second there I thought the top picture was Christopher. #2 is an easy target without internet.

Number Three of Eight said...

Why yes, now that you mention it. I put Christopher's college graduation photo next to Dave's...hmmm. Probably just the glasses.

Not to worry, I will post some less than complementary pictures of myself soon. I don't mean to pick on my big brother too much.

Margaret