Thursday, July 19, 2007

JWE travels



Dad was smitten with traveling. I always speculated that his tour of duty in Tokyo during the occupation following WWII may have had an influence. I will ease some photos of JWE on the road but these two are more what I consider family photos than travel photos...

After he first retired, he was reluctant to travel by himself. I believe he always thought he and Mom would get to travel together but it wasn't to be. Christine (Alaska) and I (Great Britain/Ireland) both had the opportunity to be his traveling companions in his early retirement years. It was just a brief adjustment as he went on his own to traveling with senior groups after that. So these two trips are very special to me of all the trips he took.

The first phot is Dad on our trip to Great Britain (1989). We traveled with a tour bus group and we were staying at a little B&B this night. The shot wasn't contrived...he just happened to sit at the table to make notes in his journal.

The other photo is Christine and Dad on the crusie ship to Alaska (1988). As I recall, the trip included planes, trains, buses, and boats.

No comments: